The Personal Information C & P HAIR collects about You will depend on the manner in which You access or use the Website www.ScissorsCut.ca or any content on or through the Website and may include:
▪ Your name, age, or contact information, such as Your mailing address, telephone number, or email address, or other similar information associated with You;
▪ Your location,
▪ Billing or account information, if applicable; and
▪ Any other Personal Information that You choose to submit to us.
The Website www.ScissorsCut.ca and any content provided on or through the Website is not directed to any person who is not the legal age of 13 years old and under applicable law. C & P HAIR will not knowingly collect Personal Information from any person who is not the legal age of majority under applicable law.
METHODS FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information Provided to the Company by You
Personal Information the C & P HAIR collects from You on or through the Website www.ScissorsCut.ca and as a result of Your access to or use of the Website or any content on or through the Website may include Personal Information You provide the Company directly, for example by:
▪ filling in forms, making search queries, or corresponding the C & P HAIR on or through the Website, or otherwise communicating with the Company by any means including by phone, email, or other electronic messaging; or
▪ if applicable or available through or on the Website www.ScissorsCut.ca: creating or registering for an account; subscribing, purchasing, or requesting information on a service or product; entering a contest or promotion; or otherwise engaging with C & P HAIR through interaction points that might exist from time-to-time between You and the C & P HAIR.
Information Collected by C & P HAIR Through Technological Means
▪ the device or equipment You use, including information about Your computer or mobile device, internet connection, IP address, operating system, and browser type; or
▪ Your browsing activities and patterns, including information about Your visits to the Website www.ScissorsCut.ca such as traffic data, location data, logs, and other similar communication data.
This information helps the C & P HAIR improve the Website and the content available on or through the Website and otherwise improve the services by:
▪ helping the Company understand audience sizes and usage patterns on the Website;
▪ allowing the Company to tailor the Website to Your preferences and interests; and recognizing You when You visit the Website multiple times.
The technologies used by C & P HAIR to automatically collect the information described above may include cookies, which are small files placed on the hard drive of Your computer. You can turn off cookies using Your internet browser but doing so may limit or remove certain parts of the Website, certain content on the Website, or the functionality of the Website.
We use the Facebook pixel on our website www.ScissorsCut.ca. The Facebook Pixel allows us to receive information about the actions taken on our site to make our Facebook ads more relevant to our audience.
We use the Facebook pixel for retargeting and to build audiences to deliver targeted advertisements to individuals who visit our website.
Our website www.ScissorsCut.ca uses Google Analytics to collect information about the use of our website. Google Analytics collects information from users such as age, gender, interests, demographics, how often they visit our website, what pages they visit, and what other websites they have used before coming to our website. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to analyze traffic, remarket our products and services to users, improve our marketing, advertising, and to improve our website. We have enabled Google Analytics advertising features such as remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit our website, not your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected using Google Analytics with Personal Data. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. Google also uses specific identifiers to help collect information about the use of our website. For more information on how Google collects and processes your data, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
You can prevent Google Analytics from using your information by opting out at this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Use of Personal Information by the Company
C & P HAIR collects Personal Information to provide You with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience through or on the Website www.ScissorsCut.ca or any content on the Website. C & P HAIR may use Your Personal Information to:
▪ provide You with content, services, or products on or though the Website;
▪ customize, measure, and improve the Website or content provided on or through the
Website, or otherwise analyze or manage C & P HAIR’s business operations or Website performance;
▪ prevent prohibited or illegal activities, loss, or fraud, enforce C & P HAIR’s Terms of
Use, or otherwise protect the security or integrity of the Website www.ScissorsCut.ca or the C & P HAIR’s business;
▪ deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, or promotional offers based on Your communication preferences;
▪ send You things in the mail or through other channels, such as products or services that You have requested; register You for, or authenticate You when You sign into, an account or online services or when You purchase a product or service, or to provide You with notices about such accounts, subscriptions, or purchases;
▪ otherwise fulfill the purposes for which You have provided Personal Information or that
were described when such Personal Information was collected; or
▪ carry out other purposes that are disclosed to You and to which You consent, or which
are otherwise permitted or required by law.
C & P HAIR may transfer Your Personal Information to third parties that assist C & P HAIR with the use of Personal Information described in “Use of Personal Information by C & P HAIR”, above. Such third parties may combine Personal Information provided by C & P HAIR with other information that they have independently collected from or about You. Some third parties may be located outside of Canada and may accordingly be subject to laws that are different from those in Canada.
C & P HAIR requires that all third parties that received any Personal Information from the Company use the same standards as the Company in using, maintaining, disclosing, and protecting such Personal Information.
For clarity, C & P HAIR does not sell Personal Information. C & P HAIR may also share aggregated, non-personally-identifiable information publicly to show trends about the general use of the Website www.ScissorsCut.ca, or any content, services, or products provided on or through the Website.
Other Disclosures of Personal Information
C & P HAIR may transfer information about You, including Personal Information, in connection with a merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency of bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of the Company’s business or as part of a corporate reorganization in or stock sale or other changes in corporate control.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
C & P HAIR will provide You with access to Your Personal Information in accordance with applicable privacy legislation, and may decline to provide You access to Your
Personal Information on the basis that such Personal Information is:
▪ protected by solicitor-client privilege; or
▪ part of a legal proceeding, government or regulatory investigation or process, or otherwise part of a formal dispute resolution process.
Where C & P HAIR is unable to provide You with access to Your Personal Information, reasons will be provided subject to any legal or regulatory restriction.
The security of Your Personal Information is important to C & P HAIR and it is protected by maintaining physical, organizational, and technological safeguards against unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, theft, or misuse appropriate to the sensitivity of such Personal Information. Personal Information collected by the C & P HAIR may only be accessed by persons within the Company who require access to provide You with access to, use of, or content, services, or products provided on or through the Website www.ScissorsCut.ca.
Although C & P HAIR takes measures to protect against data breaches and unauthorized access to Your Personal Information, no company can completely mitigate the risks of such breaches or unauthorized access and no website is fully secure. C & P HAIR cannot guarantee that hacking, data loss, breaches, or other unsanctioned access of the Company’s security systems will never occur. Accordingly, You should not submit or otherwise provide Personal Information to C & P HAIR by any means if You consider that Personal Information to be sensitive.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE